Friday, February 15, 2008

A bundle of nerves...

I have been bundle of nerves during exam time and even more so when the results approached ! I dont know why I used to worry so much ... maybe the fear of failure ... I remember during my 10th standard exam; i used to be under so much pressure for each paper but after solving the paper ... i used to find out that all my fears were baseless... later it was confirmed by the result as well!
Even during job interview ... i used to feel so nervous ... i could feel my heart beating like drums! ... even after the interview ... the scenes of the interview used to play and replay in mind ... sometime highlighting the good part and the next time showing the same in negative sense! Mind can truly play havoc if it's not under your control ...

Since then i have been trying various things to keep my mind focused! "Reframing" is one thing i have learnt and practiced ... Here you keep telling yourself that "Whatever happens ...happens for the best" ... though this may sound pretty naive ... It's very effective! You avoid yourself thinking too much about your failures ... Trust me ... getting disappointed is natural ... but chewing that same disappointment over and over again is completely useless!

Many a times we worry too much about the result and forget that a sincere effort will automatically ensure that result!

We forget that in every failure there's a hidden lesson to be learnt ... it points to some weakness of ours ... once we learn that ... it's not a failure anymore ... it just becomes a step towards achieving your goal!!


This morning, i came across a similar quote from the book "Wisdom Song - The life of Baba Amte"
"It is wrong to evaluate an adventure in terms of ultimate success and failure. An adventurer does not bother about success or failure. Some (experiments) succeed, others fail ... the small failures will be the launching pads of bigger adventures .... The seed of success is hidden within every failure"


Aren't we nothing but adventurers set on the jouney of life ?


So I dont worry too much .... I just keep on putting in efforts ...
I find Paulo Coelho's qutoe from "The Alchemist" very inspiring ...
“When you want something, all the world conspires in helping you to achieve it.”

Sorry ... if that was a strong dose of spirituality .... :-)

Just to end on light note ... here's a video clip of SRK from "Om Shanti Om"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6dacWmdDG8


For non-hindi audience .. here is the translation :
"They say, if you want something with your heart,
the whole universe will try to help you get it.
Finally everyone has helped me achieve this goal.
Thanks, thanks very much.
I feel like the king of the world.
Today, I realized that in life, like in our movies,
everything becomes good in the end.
And if it does not get better, then it is not the end.
The movie is still not over. "

No comments:

 

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .

Number of Visitors

dreamweaver widget