Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Surprise Surprise

I used to think that i am very much in touch with all my friends and trustworthy enough to confide in!

But i guess i was wrong ... all it took was just an "email" which
said that two of my best friends are getting engaged! (Not mentioning the names to keep anonymity)

The "Groom-to-be" is with me since engineering college days (4 years) and also for almost 2 years at the same workplace!!

So i expected that such an important update would be conveyed in a more appropriate way rather than a innocuous looking email that too from the "bride-to-be", who also happens to be my friend since last 4 years!!

I had written a blog on "breaking news" few days back ... This would have been a perfect example ... unexpected and very significant... because it not just surprised me ... but i couldnt make my mind whether i should believe it or not? ( "not" because in our group it is quite normal for rumour mail getting circulated and creating a junk of chain mails ... they used to be quite a good timepass ... in fact i also started a false rumour about myself getting engaged...)

Anyways, the shock element of this surprise was also partly because it's been 4 months since i left my job hence i was not updated on most of the happenings ... the "groom-to-be" had changed his job ... also the "bride-to-be" was onsite in US for a long period ... so I was out of touch!

I can also say that i was naive enough (I wont use "stupid" in my own blog ... :)) not to pickup some obvious clues ... one of them ...when the "bride-to-be" sent a cake and some chocolates all the way from US to the "groom-to-be" ... it's a different matter that his roomies ate the whole cake instead! and he was left with only the chocolates ;)

Now I am still struggling to understand why this whole thing was kept such a secret! almost like a covert operation!

I would also like to address my remaining "single" friends ("single" as per my updates ... i hope i am right) .... DO NOT SHOCK ME LIKE THIS!

I hope my image as a "Trustworthy" friend is still intact ...

In the end ... I would like to congratulate the "Groom-to-be" and "Bride-to-be" a very happy and blissful married life ! Be rest assure that i will try my best to repay this shock !!! Muahahaha

Moral of the story : There can be a fire without smoke!!! ;)

No comments:

 

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .

Number of Visitors

dreamweaver widget