Sunday, February 17, 2008

Finally ...!!

There are many moments in our life which stand out ... some which give a new direction to our life!

For me ... getting into my desired engineering college and getting my first job ... were dream moments which are still crystal clear in my mind!!

But since last 2 years, i was waiting for a similar moment to happen! I was pretty much bored working ... was trying for MBA ... but was not getting any good results!

Then came the day 16th February 2008 ....
I was anxious the whole day ... since the result of SIBM (Symbiosis Institute of Business Management) was going to be displayed on the website at around 5 pm ... The wait till 5 pm was nerve-wrecking ... i tried net surfing (The previous blog would reflect my state of mind) ... watching a movie ... reading a book ...even sleeping .... every possible thing just to make the wait a little bearable!
and then it was 5 pm ... i logged on to the site ... 5:05 ... 5:10...5:15 ... i was frantically refreshing the page but it was still showing the same old message ... grrr

Then suddenly ... the page refreshed and came window asking for my SNAP id to retrieve the result ... This was it ... during all this by elder brother ( unaware that it was the result day) was trying to talk to me and trying to catch my attention by closing the laptop... A little irritated ... but damn nervous at the same time ... i typed in the number ... fortunately or unfortunately ... the page opened very quickly ... and i glanced at the mail

"Not selected for SIBM pune" was the first thing which caught my sight ... my heart missed a bit ... but then the line little below was showing " Welcome to the SIBM family!!"
I was wondering ... why are they saying welcome when i am not selected ???

But then ... Duhhh ... i missed the line in between .... "Selected for SIBM Bengaluru"

At that moment ... i was very confused ... should i happy that i got selected for one campus or disappointed that i dint make it to the other ?

I told my brother ... that i got selected for SIBM ... he was elated ... i was still dazed ... perhaps waiting for the feeling to sink in ...
My brother called my dad to give him the news ... (This was like a BREAKING NEWS for me ;) ) ... Congratulations and Thank you's followed for the rest of the day...

I started SMSing my friends frantically that i have done it ... i have finally converted an MBA call !!!! SMS replies , calls started flowing in ... was simultaneously chatting on gtalk ... to friends , SIBM senior... one window with pagalguy.com was opened where i was the first to post my result ... forgot to add the dancing smiley though .. ;)
There is still a lot of selection process remaining for other B-schools ... but definitely this one is special ... because doing an MBA is a surety this time round ... and that is a very relieving .... trust me!!

No comments:

 

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .

Number of Visitors

dreamweaver widget